Saturday, June 8, 2013

3 years ago

I packed it all up. I went through each item. I sold what i could, gave away things and carefully decided what I needed to keep. It was real. It was happening. I was on my way to start a new life. A new life with the man I met in a fairytale dream and his three children.

I was ready for a big change and I was not afraid to step away it all to begin a new one that was based on love and making a future together.

3 years ago I said my last face to face goodby to my dying mother.. I was happy yet sad to leave my friends and the beautiful roads and mountains that I biked, ran and hiked religiously. I stepped on that plane with no regrets only faith in the new life I was undertaking.

Thus 3 years ago, I started this blog to share my insights, humor and experiences of what it's like to relocate in a new country: the languages, customs and every day life. Little did I know it would become an avenue to express my deepest emotions and heartache.

So here's to the next 3 years.  Now the door is wide open. I remain positive that life will steer me onto the right path. Thus I slowly move forward with open eyes and heart.





2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your story, and I'm going to start a new life in Belgium too, with my boyfriend. I hope everything will go well!
    And I hope your family is doing great!

    ReplyDelete